The Center for Vitality has a network of trained coaches, ready for deployment for clergy and lay congregational leaders. Many of our coaches are trained in the Coach Approach (CAST), a training program approved by ICF, the International Coaching Federation. Coaching is not teaching, supervision, or remediation. Instead, it is the “art and practice of guiding a person or group from where they are toward the greater competence and fulfillment that they desire (Gary Collins).”
Benefits of Coaching
(from Rev. Chris Holmes, creator of CAST)
- Discovery: The coach approach is a self-discovery process, where the person being coached discovers solutions & implementations independently as the coach promotes discovery throughout the conversation.
- Expand the possibilities: The person being coached is challenged to envision many different perspectives and possibilities before committing to a plan of action.
- Action: Coaching is action oriented.
- Calculated Risk Taking: A coach challenges the person to push the envelope and take risks that are proceeded by reflection and preparation.
- Support: Throughout the coaching relationship, the coach provides support and encouragement to the person being coached.
- Accountability: A key characteristic of coaching is accountability — not to the coach, but from the person being coached to him/herself.
Contact the Center for Vitality for coaching information.
Coaching is often offered following many Center for Vitality sponsored events. If your leadership is interested in receiving coaching contacts following a qualifying event, please complete the REQUEST FORM in order that the Center may match your congregation with the right coach.
CLICK HERE to document your client coaching experience hours.
Trained Coaches (Group & Individual Coaching)
Each of these trained coaches have offered to coach lay and clergy leaders in Arkansas United Methodist Congregations. You are welcome to contact one of these coaches to arrange a coaching relationship.
Depending on the situation and arrangements, some coaching relationships may involve an individual or congregation contracting with a coach for a fee.
Cherokee Village, AR
Little Rock, AR
Star City, AR
Des Arc, AR
Hot Springs Village, AR
ICF-ACC Certified Clergy /Life Coach
(Trained through the General Board of Education and Ministry Clergy Coach Training Program)
Little Rock, AR
Natasha Murray Norman
Pine Bluff, AR
William O. Bud Reeves
Fort Smith, AR