The Hendrix Youth Institute (HYI) program will help rising high school juniors and seniors discern their call for ministry and specifically introduce participants to ordained and professional ministry. Using a holistic approach, the program will incorporate the “head, heart, and hands” to enable youth to understand God’s call.
The Center for Vitality is partnering with the Hendrix Youth Institute to provide support in connecting to the Board of Ordained Ministry Orientation to Ministry process and Center Coaches will provide follow-up coaching and a reunion gathering.
For more information and an application, visit the Hendrix Youth Institute site.
2017 Change the World Conference
- Licensed Local Pastors
- Key Conference and District Laity (Leadership Unleashed)
Partnership with UMFA
2016 Examples include:
- Send over 100 clergy and lay leaders to the COR Leadership Institute every year.
- Brought a group of 11 students to the Young Preachers Festival, along with one of our newly ordained elders. Some have since attended the BOM’s Orientation to Ministry. (BMP 1,8,9)
- Led a group of 9 clergy and spouses to the General Board of Pension’s RevItUp Conference. We are currently surveying the attendees to examine impact and will submit a report to the UMFA. (BMP 8)
More 2016 Partnerships Report: Equipping Disciples for Leadership
- Coach Approach Skill Training (CAST): We have trained over 30 individuals (mostly Circuit Elders, Cabinet, and ARUMC staff) in ICF (International Coaching Federation) approved coaching skills, and we are currently taking applications for CAST 3: Group & Team Coaching for December. (BMP 7,8)
- The Center partnered with the BOM to lead the annual Summer Residency Retreat, with guest Kay Kotan, who led multiple sessions on relational evangelism. (BMP 5,6,8,10)
- Brought Rev. Jasmine Smothers, a young adult conference staff member from Georgia, to Hendrix to meet with UMYF scholars. (BMP 7,8)
- Center staff met with the Board of Laity in October to examine opportunities for creative partnerships. (BMP 7)
- The Center and the BOM have a Memorandum of Understanding to clarify boundaries and expectations for our partnership to equip excellent and passionate clergy leaders. (BMP 8)